Sunday, November 4, 2012

WHY WE DRAW.

Ever wonder why we draw?  The Gatewood Gallery is taking on this question with a new exhibition.  This open call for work is entitled "Why We Draw: An Exploration of Drawing", and will run from October 29th to November 7th.  Of course, you can be sure to see my submission there!

Why I drew:

My piece is entitled "The State of Tate".  This is a visual representation of the movement and signage on Tate Street in Greensboro, NC.  The darker and thicker lines demonstrate the busier areas whether that be from bicycle, car, or foot traffic.  There are some remnants of signage, but most are nonrepresentational as you would only see them in passing.  These would be fragmented without intentional focus.  


"The State of Tate"

1 comment:

  1. You know I've always liked this one! I hope it gets some good response from the show.

    ReplyDelete