Friday, May 7, 2010

Clothes-minded #1

For a while now, I have been interested in creating a variety of paintings based on the clothes I wear. I like the idea of incorporating the wide variety the shapes and colors in an artistic medium. One day, my etching professor, Lee Walton, gave me an assignment to create from the outfit I had on. With the influence of my color coded closet and some suggestions from multiple professors, I started my first in the series as a collage. My two studio classes for this semester consisted of a collage class and an etching class, and I decided to use both aspects. I dyed the papers by wetting and pressing them together, while at the same time embossing them with blank plates. I arranged the collage to moderately resemble the repeated shapes and designs of the outfit I had on. I plan on making more and thanks to my friend, Kevin, I have some of my outfits documented.


Tuesday's outfit



1 comment:

  1. A few things...a) this is cool. b) I like your collage, c) the title is FANTASTIC, and d) your amazing, and I love you :)

    ReplyDelete