Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Lets go to Vegas and Env-elope! Adventures in Mail Part 1


Ever since I was a young-in, I always loved getting mail. There is something about this box, envelope, or postcard making its way through the world just to find you. You are the destination and it literally has your name on it. Its very gratifying. As we get older, the envelopes and what's inside them tend to get less fun. I am getting into mail art as a connection to my social projects. I am developing ideas for a project called Mail Me Something through the
art house co-op. Basically, I have free reign as long as it is no bigger than 4x6. My latest mail project came about with my love of making people smile. I decided to make a postcard for my extremely cool friend, Kyle. He shares my interest in the walking dead, so I printed my zombie etching on orange cardstock and sent it on its way. The card was received with a "you made my week" :)

1 comment:

  1. Like! This reminds me of Annonymous Postcards, thought they are obviously not quite so annonymous (Did Lee show you guys that?)

    ReplyDelete